Friday, July 12, 2013

Natural Deodorant Reviews

I haven't worn deodorant with aluminum or propylene glycol in it since I found out about their effects nearly two years ago. But I haven't felt 100-percent confident in my "scent" since I switched. I feel like I will find a good one, then after a few weeks (or a few minutes) it stops working, forcing me to switch brands. So, I figured I'd save you the trouble of trying the ones I already have:

Alba Botanica Deodorant Stick - Fail. Fail. Fail. From the beginning, it failed. And I was rooting for it, as the ingredients are IDEAL (baking soda, lichen, tea trea). And it TINGLED when I first put it on. I thought for sure it would work. But after the first

Jason Tea Tree or Lavendar Natural Deodorant - This brand worked GREAT for 3-4 weeks just applying in the morning, but then, one day, I started to smell after a few hours. GRR!

Burt's Bees Natural Deodorant - Offering a somewhat manly, woodsy scent (men would love it), I thought it would be an option powerful enough to withstand a summer day. WRONG. I swear, even the moment it slid on my skin and mixed with my chemistry it FAILED. Husband said I smell WORSE wearing this than just my own body odor. Disappointing!


Coconut Oil - Despite its ability to treat/cur/clean pretty much anything, it does not DEODORIZE under the arms.

**What I have had the most luck with is called "crystal spray" (any brand), which seems to neutralize odors for the long-haul. So if you have suggestions, FIRE AWAY! I need your help!

7 comments:

  1. I personally just went aluminum free and use TOM's (which I believe has propylene glycol), but I have a friend who wants to be aluminum and PG free and found the same as you: nothing lasts long enough to prevent and cover her BO. She uses Soapwalla's deodorant cream, and it's apparently been featured in Elle and a bunch of other places, and she says it works for even her most powerful BO. Haven't tried it myself, but here it is. http://www.etsy.com/listing/35641572/deodorant-cream?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=deodorant

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have tried so many and made my own but nothing worked. until now! just the regular Arm and Hammer Essentials is a dream for me. it's unscented but it is made with citrus so it's very fresh. i finally feel confident. check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I just bought that Jason's one! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys, that's great to hear your recommendations! The Arm & Hammer unfortunately has Porpylene Glycol, which I want to avoid, but I would like to try the Soapwalla's cream (although I hear creams are kind of inconvenient). But I just found a PERFECT ONE! Check out the next post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda! I too have been on a quest to find the most effect natural deodorant. The best one I've tried is Jungleman All-Natural Deodorant. It is odorless and non aluminum. It goes on smooth and it is not sticky at all. Best of all it tames my BO and doesn't irritate my skin. Check them out at www.junglemannaturals.com Let me know what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really amazing blog for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank God, I read this post, as I mostly try to look for new products and these are new products for me and if I had not read it I would have brought them

    ReplyDelete