Wednesday, February 20, 2013

All Up in the Gym. Again.

This yogi is adding "lunk" to her resume.

Part of my plan to beat the winter blues naturally (watch the KUTV segment I did on that HERE) is getting up and moving. And the only method that really sounds appealing, for some reason, is pushing weights around and tearing up a few treadmill miles at a gym.

This awesome little gym (one of those strip mall ilk) is not five minutes from our house, and it costs me a whopping $7.99 a month. The trainers greet me by name, and the environment is really laidback.

After 30-45 minutes on the treadmill, I use weights and yoga for another 30-40 minutes of strength training. All to my own soundtrack of dubstep, or metal, or new-age drum sounds....after all these yoga classes and boot camps, it's nice to be able to zone out to my own music, while I do my own thing.

Hopefully, I'll be in the kind of shape I was LAST year, in time for bathing suit season (look below in my little green swimsuit....I had the "V")! Because this year we have boat friends...and I'm getting good at wakeboarding...

I do backbends too much, maybe. #lunknow #yogiforever
















In fact, see just how awesome I am at it in this live shot I did over the weekend at the boat show.

Enjoy! ((blows water out of her nose))





No comments:

Post a Comment