Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bust Your Breakout.

I had to go to the mall today, which is rare for me - for so many reasons. The glitz and glam allures you to spend needlessly....plus, what do I need that I don't already have? And...so many trends that I'll never be able to keep up with....the list goes on.

But one great reason to visit the mall is to trade in my used beauty product "pots" from the "natural, hand-made cosmetics" store, LUSH. Turn in five, and you get a free face mask. And these face masks are AMAZING. There are 7 or 8 different kinds - all tailored toward different results - and every ingredient is active. I make off with the "BB Seaweed" mask that helps smooth skin, and fight breakouts (I love the thick, muddy texture, and chunks of real seaweed!).

Speaking of fighting breakouts, my skin sucks right now!! And it's my own fault.

This is what must be done.

1. Clean Makeup Brushes
It's annoying to do, but these babies are breeding grounds for bacteria, even if you use all-mineral, all-natural stuff. Here's the solution: Simply "shampoo" the brushes with natural dish soap, and rinse (warm) till water's clear. It might take a few "repeats." Reshape their manes and lay out on a towell overnight to dry.



2. Examine Your Diet
Sugars and grease that we put in our bodies get secreted out through our pores, and bacteria LOVE to feast on this stuff, creating pimples. So defend yourself from within by eating a clean diet full of green veggies and healthy fats, and drinking more water than usual, to flush out toxins.

3. Get a Deep Treatment
Like my seaweed mask, your skin loves a little extra nourishment every once in awhile. A deep treatment might be just what your skin needs to get the gunk out, and re-balance. I know my face felt all sorts of clear and glowy after my own little mud fight! Just make sure that you recognize all the ingredients so as not to reintroduce new toxins, or shock your skin into a reaction.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment