Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pour Some Sugar on Me.

My friend Anna introduced me to a new local beauty line, Juniper Desert. Ingredients are simple and all-natural; many including coconut-, castor- and essential oils. Because I haven't been able to find a good organic shampoo (without having to wash my hair twice - is it the oil content?), I was excited that Juniper Desert offers a whole line of shampoo/conditioner combos for me to try. I'll let you know what I think of the "Oasis" and "Legend Has It" lines when I test 'em out.

But I also got a hold of their Sandstorm Sugar Scrub. On a whim, I replaced my typical organic body wash (I have, like, five in my shower right now) with a head-to-toe rubdown of the mixture of enzyme-rich brown sugar and Omega-packed oil. After a rinse, my face and body were completely exfoliated and, surprisingly, incredibly moisturized! I didn't even apply additional cream post-shower. I looked in the mirror and my face was a-glow, too, which seemed to be the trick to curing my holiday-indulgence breakout. Helloooo, skin detox! I sure needed that.

I'm looking forward to trying more of this local company's product, and be sure to watch their segment today on KUTV 2News at Noon!

3 comments:

  1. have you tried the no 'poo method? washing with baking soda and rinsing with vinegar. you should check it out. i was skeptical but it has worked for me. no vinegar smell. and then i work a little coconut oil into my ends. my hair has never felt better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea!! I must try this! I just bought some baking soda. What kind of vinegar? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. white or apple cider. can't wait to see what you think. works great but i'll admit it's not quite as satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete