Friday, November 9, 2012

Fitness Can be Fun, Especially with a Massage.

Book a massage right after your workout at Brick Canvas' spa.
I found a place while reporting for KUTV's "Fresh Living" show, where fitness feels posh and exciting. It's called "Brick Canvas," and it's a spa-like mall housing a bunch of health and beauty businesses. While I was there, I grew intrigued by the idea of a one-stop-shop for all your needs: Get your workout on before work, get a quick blowout at the salon, and grab a fresh smoothie on your way out the door. And the environment was serene and seemed pretty feng shui. I mean, the Bikram studio (the first in Utah County) was so pretty, I wanted to jump right in and start sweating! So, I concluded that the environment while working out can make a difference in motivation. Who wouldn't want to show up at a bright, cheery place where they can always get a massage or fresh coat of nail polish afterward? :)

And by the way, the whole place is organic-mined.

-The juice bar/cafe operates with a natural, farm-to-table mentality
-The spa uses mostly an organic product line
-The Bikram yoga studio sells sustainable yoga gear

Good stuff. So good, in fact, that I am thinking of calling my mom and dragging her to Bikram and a spa day tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment