Monday, October 22, 2012

HIgh Fiber Snack: Roasted Chickpeas

 The PIN that inspired this post. Source: fitsugar.com via Amanda on Pinterest


For all the pipe dreams Pinterest plants in my head, it's also given me some viable recipes I've actually put into action.

Chris and I pretty much always have a can of chickpeas in the house, mostly as a meat-free backup meal. So when I saw a recipe to roast them on Pinterest, I knew we had to try them.

We followed the recipe almost verbatim, but Chris made the decision to not cook them the full 30 minutes (they roasted about 20), which gave them a crunchy-on-the-outside, slightly-chewy-on-the-inside texture. SO GOOD. We snacked on them like popcorn or chips, without any of the guilt!

Tossed a can of organic garbanzos in olive oil, and dashed with sea salt & pepper.

After baking in the oven @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes, they're reading for snacking!

And don't forget to pat yourself on the back for filling up on a food that contains most of your daily fiber recommendation, plus - is packed with tons of phytonutrients!

1 comment:

  1. Came over from The Girl Who and made the Chickpeas! They were really, really delish. And my 17 year old son actually liked them. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete