Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hulk's GREEN Facial Cleansing Wipes (Easy!)


Confession: I love convenience. Which is why I use the GOODNESS out of those disposable facial cleansing/makeup remover wipes. I just can't think of life without them, especially on a weeknight where I'm too tired to muster a proper wash.

Though I've been diligent in buying wipes with organic ingredients, these non-compostable disposables are environmental offenders. So (because I ran out yesterday), I decided to take a step in the green direction and make my own.

Inspired by the recipe on WhiteHouseBlackShutters.com, I gathered some household items and made my own version. The review? My makeup came off (even mascara!), skin felt refreshed - even looked glowy! - and still, no breakout to speak of!

Even Chris - who is very particular about his beauty products (he only uses MAC powder for his live shots) - confirmed that my Clearasil-imitation pads really do the trick!

And they are so green, I can't even handle it. Not only do they CONTAIN green tea, but they're also reusable! I made enough for two weeks, and after that, just throw them in the washer/dryer and add more solution!

Watch the video for a demo, or just check out the recipe in pictures.

GREEN TEA FACIAL CLEANSING WIPES

Find old containers or Tupperware to keep your wipes fresh.

Cut washcloths into fourths, or Ace bandages for a smaller pad.
Into 2 cups of warm water, add 1 tablespoon of organic, extra-virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil.
 


Also add a tiny amount of your favorite organic facial cleanser, tea tree essential oil, and Matcha green tea powder. 

Pour solution evenly over washcloths and seal with lid.
Wash makeup off - even clean your whole body - and enjoy! Just don't throw them away!

3 comments:

  1. What a great recipe, thanks!! I have been moving to making all my own cleaning products, and wanted to do some beauty things too. I will try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole! You'll have to share your cleaning recipes. I read that you can use a similar solution as this, but add a few drops of concentrated natural cleaner, and it becomes household-worthy.

    Let me know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, you guys - ADDENDUM to this recipe.

    Add a TON of tea tree oil if you plan to store more than 7 wipes at a time.

    Otherwise, keep the solution in a spraybottle, and spray it on your washable wipes at the time of use!

    ReplyDelete