Tuesday, September 25, 2012

5 Things On My Mind Right Now.

Another day, another cycle of the same five thoughts. 


I'm tired.
Working at the news station, I awaken to the crack of 0h-dark-thirty (3:30 a.m., to be specific). And after work, I blog and cook and run errands and pay bills and try to be a grown-up as best I can. So I'm tired (and I don't even have kids yet!), and I'm wondering how to give myself rest. Is it skip the workout?

I haven't worked out today.
I did yoga last night, but ever since the Great Barrage that was August 2012 in which Chris and I got married, bought a house, went to Thailand, went back to work, started wrestling with home repair, etc., I haven't been on a normal workout routine. So, I was like, "Body, is today the day we go back to Body Pump?" Body says, "But, I'm tired..." Well, that settles that.

I ate too much today. 
It's like the number one thing on everyone's mind, right? Whether we're snacking on kale or Krispy Kreme - ALWAYS WITH THE GUILT! This is what I ate today:

Breakfast - 4 a.m.: Chris, who is likely the saintliest man on this planet, knew I had a big day today so he got out of bed at 4 a.m. to make me coffee and one single fried egg - his specialty, which we now eat every morning.

Snack - 8:30 a.m.: OK, I went straight to lunch: Leftover Tikka Masala and quinoa.

Snack - 11:30 a.m.: Food abounds at the TV station, with guest chefs in almost daily. Today, I had a slice of gourmet bread topped with pumpkin butter. I restrained from seconds.

Lunch (or snack?) - 12:30 p.m.: Greek yogurt and granola. Just a cup of it. This was at noon.

Over the course of the rest of the day (1-5 p.m.): A one-pound bag of Nutty Guys Mountain Medley trail mix.

I don't eat normal meals, really. My former nutritionist trained me to eat every 2-3 hours, so I rock at that. But I don't rock at keeping each meal around 200-300 calories. So there's that thought.

When's Chris coming home?
Our work schedules are as opposite as you can get: I'm the morning gal, and he's the nighttime reporter. I like him a lot, you know, and sometimes texting just isn't enough. He should be with me on our back patio sipping Chardonnay and listening to The Shins. Sigh.

I should be more organic.
Is there a homemade version for this product? What's really in those granola bars? What am I going to put in our garden? All valid thoughts. But useless unless I plan to act on them TODAY. And we all know by now that today, I'm too tired.

So, I had to empty my thoughts. I feel pretty good now. Take that, self-talk! You have been silenced, for now...





No comments:

Post a Comment