Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'll Take My Protein in Treat-Form.


I KNOW I don't get enough protein. The word is, you're supposed to have at least one gram of protein per pound you weigh, per day. And since I'm mostly meat-less, that's TOUGH, but I try my hardest to eat loads of soybeans, fake meat (ever tried fungi-based Quorn brand?) and Greek yogurt (Fage is the only brand I'll buy!).

So, I was delighted to find this vegetarian, protein-packed snack at my local Harmon's. The lentil crackers pack 5g of protein and 16g carbs per serving (compared to Wheat Thins' 2g protein and 22g carbs), and the dreamy, creamy, organic peanut butter boasts 8g protein and 7g carbs (pretty standard, but this version is organic and naturally sweetened).

DELICIOUS. Made the day's workout totally worth it.

But, I must really be starved for protein (there's that rationalization again), because I ate half the jar of PB, and the whole box of crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment